Greenman Investments Accountant – Funds (M/W/D)
Greenman Investments is a market-leading, sector specific, real estate investment fund manager. Our funds exclusively invest in food dominated retail parks and food retail warehouses. Further information can be viewed on the website at www.greenman.com
Greenman’s largest Fund – Greenman OPEN, with total assets of c.€1 billion is Germany’s largest food dominated Real Estate Fund.
We are a part of The Greenman Group, a specialist operator of grocery anchored real estate. Headquartered in Ireland, the group consists of several entities supplying fund investment as well as administrative and operational management services to EU seated Grocery anchored real estate investment funds. Further information can be viewed on the website at www.thegreenman.group
Our group recognises the importance of the environment and sustainability. As such we also operate companies that are experts in vertical faming and sustainable energy generation. We are ever growing and our group is also exploring exciting new opportunities in working with clients from a large variety of sectors.
We value our people and invest in them through offering excellent benefits, competitive salaries and superb career development opportunities. We recognise and reward hard work. In return, we expect our people to bring the commitment; drive and talent to add significant value to our company.
The Accountant – Funds will report into the CFO with primary responsibility for accounting duties regarding the funds to include management reporting; the management of Fund cashflow and participation in the valuation process.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders on the setup, liquidation and restructuring of funds including co-ordination of finance related aspects.
- Oversight of fund administrators, which includes the review of quarterly NAVs.
- Review and coordination of all statutory reporting, including financial statements (Lux GAAP), audits, regulatory returns and taxation.
- Management of the annual audit process
- Management of annual report production from start to audit signoff.
- Management reporting for the funds, ensuring a robust control environment including adherence to various regulatory requirements such as AIFMD, Central Bank of Ireland and CSSF requirements.
- Assisting the Distribution team with requests from current and prospective investors.
- Overview and assisting in maintaining the books and records for fund SPV’s on a monthly basis, including accruals, fee calculations etc, while ensuring accuracy and adherence to financial controls.
- Assisting in the preparation of information and presentation of such at Board Meetings.
- Management of Fund cashflow from variance analysis to liaising with other teams to forecast future cashflows.
- Participating in quarterly valuation process and contributing to the valuation committee in terms of valuation methodology, approach adopted and detailed calculation check.
- Lead the valuation committee meetings and be able to discuss and analyse investment valuation details with investment teams, auditors and valuation committee members.
- Collaboration on new acquisitions and give input on deal teams.
- Assisting with ad hoc accounting matters and other projects throughout the year including process improvements to achieve efficiencies.
Experience and Requirements
- 3-5 years PQE within an AIFM/ the funds industry.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working as part of a small team.
- Experience with Sage50 accounting software beneficial.